PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Official...Direct Entry Left Seat
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2011, 06:14
cxorcist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good post 8driver.

The notion that American pilots are anything less than top notch is a sham. No aviation system in the world safely transports more passengers and cargo than the USA despite its antiquated ATC systems. Sure, the industry in the states has had it tough in the last decade, but I think the legacy carriers in EU and Oz are starting to feel the heat from LCCs as well. This will happen over time in Asia as well.

You guys prancing around the street like a bunch of twinks in your pressed shirts and trousers prove nothing except that you conform to the office quacks' whims without even being asked. I respect every pilot who has enough self confidence to walk to the laundry in a pair of shorts and flip flops. It's a layover for crying out loud, not a fashion show. If we had more Americans in CX, maybe this pilot group would have a little more spine. The Euros go running for cover at the first sound of a shot across the bow. I'm not sure you antipodians are much better.

Let's be honest fellas. We get exactly what we deserve. Until we demand better and are willing to stand behind those demands, we will continue to get inflation-lagging pay rises, attacks on our CoS, unqualified NJers, and no respect from management. I don't think Americans are at the root of the problem. Most are still in their first five years with the company. Those who have been here 10-20 years are responsible for the current mess. You boys even managed to make a skinny zoologist look like a tough guy.

CXorcist

PS - Maybe DECs on the bus would be aggregeous enough to cause the long overdue pilot revolt!?!

Last edited by cxorcist; 1st Sep 2011 at 06:17. Reason: PS