PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Official...Direct Entry Left Seat
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2011, 05:26
8driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting. Five posts on a topic that should concern everyone and then three bashing Americans. The point being FedEx wouldn't be hiring direct entry captains because they upgrade in seniority, end of story. They hire captains off the street its a war.

As far as baseball caps go, they are quite useful when you roll out of bed not knowing what time or time zone it is and you want to run downstairs real quick to grab a cup of coffee. It's also me wearing my team colors, same as a jersey for a "football" club. Real football starts this week by the way with college, NFL next week. And its not as bad as those brown bowling shoe type things I see all around, or jeans crawling up the crack of your a**.

Non-standart R/T. I rarely hear that from our airplanes, no matter where the guy seems to be from. There are some of us who actually flew overseas prior to Cathay, believe it or not. Do I speak the "lingo" sometimes going into JFK or other high density airports in North America? You betcha. And if you sit there making an ass out of yourself demanding ICAO standard phraseology from New York Tracon be prepared for a trip to the back of the line.

I've been here almost eight years, not a long time, but not one person on any of my crews has ever asked for a ride report or chased smooth air. And honestly, if you're on a CEPAC track, getting the crap kicked out of you, and you hear an American or United talking about smooth air close by you'd ignore it? Listening out for turbulence or lack of is part of the job and I'll take all the info I can get. Yeah, the whole ride report thing in North America is annoying, but I don't see guys carrying it over to Cathay. And there are annoying local habits everywhere we fly. Its part of the job.

I'm much more interested in the original post and wonder if anyone else has heard anything.