PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Arrows Jet Crash
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2011, 12:54
middleground

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote from telegraph online.

Nick Woods, 36, told how he discovered the pilot's body in the Stour.
Mr Woods was enjoying a barbecue with his family about 300 yards from the river. The dozen or so family and friends, including his parents and his three-year old son Archie, heard the roar of the jet at about 1.50pm.
"It came in so low across the field. I could see it was in trouble," he said.
"I just shouted "Everybody inside!" because I didn't know how far it would spread when it crashed.
"The next moment my friend Finlay shouted 'He's down!'
"It just sounded like an explosion when it hit – no flames but a huge ripping sound. I saw debris flying in the air.
"Finlay and I ran across the field. The Red Arrow was on the bank. We jumped into the water, found the ejector seat, pulled it up, but it was clean – no-one in it.
"I swam across the river and saw the parachute, and that's where I found him.
"He was near a steep bank, in deep water. He was very badly injured, dead. I was pretty shaken.

For all those complaining about whats posted on this thread, be it fact, rumour, advice or opinion, if you don't like it go read another. People have a choice to write what the wish (within reason) on forums, and you have a choice what to read. This is a rumour site and as such rightly or wrongly rumours are posted on it. It appears all the posts about being which red turned out to be fact. Those of you telling us to not post this and don't quote that, why are you reading this thread other than to find out information. As for Journo's on this site pretty sure phone hacking is a better source of reliable info than PPRuNe.