PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2011, 21:38
JJFFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@JCJEANT : Right Seat vs Left Seat ; how do you manage ?

I apologize if my last post appeared to point out a pilot error again. It is not my point.

My point is that you have two co-pilots with equal rights giving dual inputs.

If the two pilots have to hand-flight because of a mechanical problem, then:

- Can the plane detect and decide who's of the pilot it has to obey yet it has problems and gave the control to the pilots ?
- Can the designers predict in which seat will be the good pilot vs the bad and therefore, allow this seat to take control of the plane and withdrow this possibility to the other seat ?

In AF447, if the PNF or the Captain had not a mean to prevent the PF from giving inputs, since this PF didn't obey his Captain, what should have they do?

Knock Down the PF ?

OK : but what if it has been the PF that was right ?

This has nothing to do with the stall warning or the SS, since the PF'brain was stuck at nosing up whatever would be the stall warning !.

IMO, in the actual state of the art, only a human action could have stop the PF, not the plane.

In particular, it is wrong to say that the Capt and the PNF didn't recognized a stall. Not only they did but they gave the good advices to the PF, only 21s after the PF took control !

And they keep on asking the PF to go down for minutes.

But when the PNF took control, the PF re-took it, several times and again in the last seconds.

Without a knock down he would'have stoped.nosing up.

Should the Capt. have had a billy ?