PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Contract agency rants and Kudos, Vietman, Korean, Asiana, Rishworth
Old 3rd Aug 2011, 23:19
USMCProbe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D.L.

Being the paid, local plot rep for Rishworth at Vietnam, Airlines, I do not question the amount they pay you, as I know you are paid an additional amount over the normal contract fee at Vietnam Airlines. Your service to the pilots at VAC, from ALL agencies, was very welcomed and appreciated, not the least of which by me. Thank you.

You were not the problem. Just the opposite. The problem lies with the fact that our contract fee is paid FIRST to the criminals in Auckland, and then they pay you. Hopefully. Most of my dealings with the Auckland staff, which were not many, were dishonest from their side, and THEY FINANCIALLY BENEFITED from that dishonesty.

The best example of this, which affected a large number of the pilots (this is besides the pay cut) is the advertised 6/2, 5/3, and 4/4 rotations. Everybody starts at 6/2, and then you have to request, thru your agency, a shorter rotation. A large number of us (most of the pilots I personallly knew) requested this with Rishworth or Parc. The Parc pilots had the requested submitted, and granted (when I was there) Rishworth would not submit the request, and lied to me, saying they did, for over 2 months. Only when i contracted VAC's contract office in Hanoi, could I verify that Rishworth had not, in fact, ever submitted the request. When challenged with this information, Rishworth finally made the request, and it was granted. I was one of the very few Rishworth pilots at the time that was on a 5/3 rotation, as most of the Rishworth pilots gave up trying to get a shorter rotation.

Why? You get paid less for a shorter rotation, and Rishworth is paid a lower contract fee as a result. So if anyone wants to go to VAC and hopefully get a 5/3 rotation, you might want to seriously consider going with a different contract agency. Rishworth won't make the request, or wouldn't, when i was there, which was just over 1 year ago.

Sorry DL, your a good guy, but your chosen employers are scum. See my previous post for their latest.