PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Pilots PIA
Thread: QF Pilots PIA
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2011, 13:55
regitaekilthgiwt

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Remember, only 83% total of the eligible pilots voted for PIA. While that is an overwhelming majority, the 17% who didn't
During the PIA ballot 89% of the eligible pilots voted as to whether or not they endorsed PIA. Of those 89%, 94% voted Yes. I think whoever is implying that 17% of pilots didn't vote for PIA is using misleading management speak. There is no evidence to suggest the 11% who didn't vote would have voted no. Likewise there is no evidence that 94-100% of them would have voted yes. Some people I know were away on long service leave and didn't manage to vote, had they managed to vote they would have voted yes.

I just wanted to make the point that whilst management would like the media/public to believe that 17% of pilots are not in favour of PIA, this spin is not the case. It could equally be argued if that other 11% managed to vote it may have been a 93% yes vote overall. Just depends how you want to extrapolate the figures.

Fact is that 47 out of every 50 pilots who voted will take PIA. As to the 11% who didn't vote, it is unknown was to that they would do.

Not having a go at you directanywhere, just wanting to clarify to people that the vote was not 83% yes 17% no.

Stay united folks.