PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2011, 15:17
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stella,

My understanding in the case you mention, is that there have been a significant number of permanent places offered to cadets, that have dovetailed from those temporary contracts. Somebody closer and better qualified to comment should be able to provide more details.

Even where temporary placements are achieved, it would likely result in close to 500 hours on an airliner for those who are successful. Whatever the ongoing difficulties and realities of the marketplace, I would have thought that would place somebody on the next rung of the experience ladder with regard to further employment.

Across the industry, I think it is quite likely in the near term, that seasonal and part time contracts will become more and more the norm. However it is also likely that permanent contracts will springboard from these, eventually.

With large training debts to service, times are difficult even for many of the successful applicants. This is an "apprenticeship" at these experience levels, and the terms and conditions on offer reflect that fact, as well as they reflect the general state of the market.