PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Airbus' and Boeings.....
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2011, 17:36
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So Sandhound, you're saying that the B777 is 3 generations behind the A380 and yet still manages to haul a comparable payload with half the engines? Doesn't exactly flatter the Airbus. Why isn't the 380 operating the US west coast? It's three generations newer! lol

They keep cranking out as many 77W's as fast as they can make them, and there's a reason for that. Hint: it's not because it loses money for the operator OR the manufacturer.

I could care less about the noise level of the B777, the FMS, the seats, and I suspect the folks who operate it think the same way. It's just a tool, a very very efficient reliable one, unlike the A380. And somehow I manage to struggle along with that 80's tech...lol...how much assistance do you NEED to fly an aircraft anyway?!? I would submit that your assertion that Airbus is the "future" should maybe be based more than the quality of the flight deck seating! Take a look at how many of the reportable incidents lately are coming from the 380 fleet. Why is such a minute fleet relative to the main fleet generating such a disproportionate amount of incidents? Shouldn't the tech and the comfy seats eliminate those problems? ;-) (Also, why are so many of the A380 commanders so short?! But that's another question, posed to me by 380 cc...;-)

The small bonus of the Boeing is I'm not ashamed to show a picture of the airplane I fly. The large bonus is I'm not still sitting in the right seat, as my "Super" brethren of the same hire date are...and the opportunities that THAT opened up, are worth more than any number of AB type ratings!

To each their own. The right tool for the job. Not just because it's biggest, newest, shiniest. Oh wait...where are you based, again?!