PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canadian RT
Thread: Canadian RT
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2011, 10:51
Lovvy Ratra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
15 Hours for RTR(C) renewal or 30 Hours?

Hey Shanx,

You seem to be pretty clear about what RTR(A), RTR(C), and RTR(P) are... So, if you could please help me out with this, i'd really appreciate it...

I am trying to renew my RTR(C) licence which expires in Sept 2011 and i have found two different opinions on the same..

Opinion 1:

Guidelines for Renewal of Aeronautical COP Licences.

1. Application in the Form No. COP –23 duly completed is to be submitted not more than three months before the date of expiry of the Licence, alongwith the following

2. Bank Draft of Rs. 50/- drawn from STATE BANK OF INDIA in favour of “Pay & Accounts Officer (HQ), Department of Telecommunication Payable at Service Branch (Code 7687), New Delhi.

3 (i) Experience * Certificate as per proforma given below, showing details of employment during the last three years preceding the date of expiry of the licence. Photo copy of Flying logbook, duly attested by a Gazetted Officer and clearly indicating the name of person to whom it belongs is required to be furnished. A certificate from the employer is required to be produced in the case of persons engaged in the maintenance of Radio Telephone equipment in the Aeromobile Service.

Minimum Experience required:

Aeromobile:

(a) 30 hours of flying experience for CPL holders during three years preceding expiry of licence.
OR

Flying experience of 20 hours during three years preceding the expiry of licence out of which 10 hours will be during the year immediately preceding the expiry of licence.
(as applicable to P1,P2 etc)

(b) 15 hours of flying experience for Hobby flyers.

* (Attested copy of first page and relevant pages of Log Book to be enclosed for flying experience)

(ii) For RT Ground personnel: More than 3 months experience of Radio Telephony operation on the ground station either as Flight Despatcher or as Aircraft maintenance Engineer/Officer during the last 3 yrs period preceding the date of expiry of RTR (A) licence (Certificate from the employer to be enclosed, stating the name, designation, the RTR(A) certificate number, the above requisite Radio Telephony operation experience and the period of employment etc. as per the prescribed proforma,)

(iii) If the licencee does not have requisite experience he has to appear for the “Commercial Working Test” i.e. Part-I of RTR (Aero) Examination.

4. Late fee @ Rs. 15/- per 6 months or part thereof as late fee will be charged if application for Renewal is received after the date of expiry of the Licence.

-2-

5. Licences can be renewed only within a Period of two years after the date of the expiry of the Licence with payment of late fee as mentioned at above failing which the licencee shall have to appear for commercial working test i.e. part-I of RTR(Aero) examination.

6. For Renewal of permit,(issued on the basis of foreign FRTO’s) two Passport size photographs, photocopy of permit issued earlier and licence issued by other administrations attested by a Gazetted Officer with experience as per para b(i) above, are to be submitted.

7. Logbook is required to be submitted for verification wherever called for.

8. Original licence with renewal application form need NOT be submitted.

* All the pages of Log Book are required to be signed by Licensee. Summary of Log Book is invariably signed by the licensee and countersigned by the competent authority.

----------------------------------
According to point number 6 above, and point b(i) above, one would need only 15 hours instead of the 30.. Anyone, please correct me if i am wrong, but this is what i understood from it. Am i correct Shanx?

Opinion 2

6) Renewal of RTR (C)
a) Application Form – COP 23 , Annexure 1-A
b) Attested copy of valid Foreign FRTOL (commonwealth countries and Philippines)
c) Experience Certificate or Attested copy of log book of flying for 30 hours in last years.
d) DD of rupees Five Thousands (5000/-) + late fess (if any)
e) Passport size photos-02 Nos.

So what is it then?? 15 hours or 30 hours??