PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots from abroad (especially cadets) not wanted by UK airlines?
Old 14th Jul 2011, 23:03
vikdream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you guys, I just wanted make sure that was not true....

Ham Phisted: That's true, I know some pilots living in Barcelona and working in the UK...

potkettleblack: Very good advice, I think you are absolutetly right. May I add something? This flight school is now offering a ATPL Scheme from September onwards (they only offered PPL and IR licenses before, but now that Top Fly and Airmed closed (two major flight schools in Spain) they are going to fill the gap...). I think my flight instructor thought I was the perfect client for the future... Even if he had to lie to me.

fade to grey: You can apply for it! Why not? Currently I think it is a mistake to think that - in all areas, not only in the aviation sector - the job market is limited by your country borders. Vueling Airlines have several pilots from abroad - and some of them don't even speak Spanish by the way...- . I have seen also foreign pilots working for Spanair, Air Europa... As long as you are good enough, why does the place you come from matter?

Thanks everybody, I feel better now I hope I won't see any future comment that confirms what my flight instructor said!

Safe flights.

Last edited by vikdream; 2nd Aug 2016 at 19:02.