PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 14th Jul 2011, 07:13
kingofkabul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@skyways. Mention of possible a cadet programme, if required, was released in BA's new 5 year business plan. It is by no means a certainty, I certaintly would not hold out for it. BA were close to doing this in 2008 but cancelled plans for obvious reasons. Integrated schools may be full of students, but may not be full of the type the students BA are looking for. By removing the initial financial constraints BA would be hoping to attract even more high quality applicants.

In other news, BA forecasts a need for c.200 new pilots next year ready for 2013 when the A380 and 787s arrive.

Edit: I am sure there are plenty of high quality guys and gals in these schools, but many many good applicants are put off by being unable to secure finance. In recent years getting a place at one these schools has been more about ability to pay than ability to fly, one could argue.

Last edited by kingofkabul; 14th Jul 2011 at 21:25. Reason: Poor spelling and ambiguity over the point I was trying to make. Thanks Flaperon75 for info.