PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH - 2
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH - 2
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2011, 09:14
andrew1968

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So Easyjet are basing 3 A/C at Exeter !
I can't say i have heard this anywhere on any other aviation site and believe me I look at lots on a daily basis!

Where have you heard this?

Personally I very much doubt easyjet would base at Exeter with Bristol its largest base outside of London so nearby! For the same reason that neither easy or Ryanair will go to Cardiff.

I can only see one reason why Easyjet would consider Exeter and that would be dissatisfaction with level of charges and service at Bristol, but the CEO of Easyjet recently commented that BRS was one of there most profitable bases in the UK.

I could be proved totally wrong, but this is my personal view and no I have no connection with Bristol or Easyjet before anyone asks!

The biggest issue with the smaller regional airports like EXT, BOH, CWL, MME etc is that while we have such high government taxes on aviation in the UK and with the current state of the economy they will struggle to attract airlines, which in turn sends the passengers to other larger terminals.

Personally the APD tax needs to be scrapped or reduced considerably to get airlines and passengers get flying again!

andrew

Last edited by andrew1968; 2nd Jul 2011 at 21:23.