PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Different Training Providers At Each Stage
Old 29th Jun 2011, 18:36
737-fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Different Training Providers At Each Stage

Hi there PPRUNERS,

I've being reading pprune for a bit of time now and have decided to post my first question where any advise from you out there would be really appreciated.

I am currently due to start my IR. (ME). So far my training has consisted of an ICAO PPL, modular BGS ground school, and basically a CPL from different schools. The school at the moment where I have done my ME class rating is not really meeting my expectations, and think the course could take 3 times as longer then predicted! Doing a 55 hour ME-IR is a long-one!

Anyway, ive been speaking to another training provider regarding doing my IR there and have believe it would meet my time restrictions and quality of training required.

But...I realise that when I finish, I will have my PPL, CPL, ME Rating, IR all done at different schools!!! I was hoping where I am would allow me to do at least the ME and MEIR at the same place, but I dont think thats the case!

So the question: When it comes round to looking for employment - does anyone know from personal experience or their own wisdon where this is frowned upon by employers? Naturally a scattered education profile isn't that great and I have heard that some employers prefer it to be done at one place, but doing the IR at the same place is looking rather bleak at the moment, and im unclear of what effects my employability as a newbie cadet might have at a later stage.