PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Have The Daily Mail hit the nail on the head - for once?
Old 28th Jun 2011, 18:04
ATNotts

Received 276 Likes on 153 Posts
For probably the first, and only time in my life I'm with the Daily Mail on this one!

The unpleasant experience starts with the charge for drop off at the airport, the rip off of credit card fees if your daft enough to put your card in at the entry barriers. Check-in, thanks to self service is not so bad, then there's security, and the airports that organise the queues in such a way that you are almost forced to paying to queue-jump.

Coming back into the UK you've then got the ludicrous queues for HM Immigration, even wehn arriving from another EU, followed by the interminable wait for bags at the carousel.

It doesn't have to be like this, but airports have been duped into doing business with a hat full of LoCo operators that don't believe they should be charged for anything, resulting in extra charges being levied at every turn by the airport operators, and shoddy service caused as a result of companies penny pinching on staff numbers to turn a profit.

I'm sorry, it's Eurotunnel for me, unless the trip requires leaving mainland Europe. The airlines and airports have lost my (leisure) custom.