PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rocky Mountain Helicopters RMH
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2011, 18:05
jjunior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Former Rocky Mountain A & P

I worked for Rocky Mountain, a great outfit then, as seasonal A&P, back in historical times- 1976. Have this old entry on my aviation resume- "A & P Mechanic, Bell 206, Aerospatial Helicopters. Aviation support- mineral and petroleum geological, seismic mapping". the summer i worked there was in 6 states, mostly with Bell 206B starting in Provo, at Rocky, where a dutch guy- Hans Hilkhausen- was the maintenance chief. I was in Nevada, Wyoming, Colorado, Montana and Idaho as I remember. Can't remember any of the pilots names- a great bunch of guys flying and doing maintenance. Just in case other guys might want to contact me, I'm John ---- Jr., worked on B-52s and KC135 at Dyess AFB , got my license at University of Illinois, Institute of Aviation, worked for Wein Air Alaska in the late 60's and early 70's, Era Helicopters, Anchorage Helicopter Service, and have been involved in other careers since aviation, and now semi retired. one of the last stints to do with helicopters, was at Flight Safety in West Palm Beach, Florida, translating and interpreting on the S-76, for a Brazilian pilot, in the ground school and simulator. Have fond memories of choppers, when I hear the buzzing over head it is still music to my ears. currently in Ilheus, Brazil, where there are several ships from Aerolica operating right now out of the airport, cheers and keep the rotors turning always.

Last edited by jjunior; 27th Jun 2011 at 18:06. Reason: remove family name- security