PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Speed Vs Altitude LearJet!!!
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2011, 12:21
theaviator2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got Plenty of time in the 60 flying in Europe/Middle East/ USA and China.

Aircraft perform well doing 250kts both in Europe and the Middle East, the question is what is most beneficial. Climbing fast to cruise or flying fast taking you longer to reach cruise altitude.

And yes to correct myself ofcause the speed is faster then the lift/drag curve for recommended climb. But it is alot closer to the lift/drag flying at the recommended speed's then flying at speeds +50 to 60kts faster.

As of the calculations i have done, climbing to my altitude of Fl. 41/43 at recommended 250kts. Gets me to altitude almost 8-10 min quicker then doing 300-310kts. ISA standard or ISA +10

On a 2.5hr leg the time difference on arrival (varies with wind) but will be not much more then 5 minutes, where of the fuel burn is much more different.

I think the Aviation Industry have a tendency to have a lot of pilots thinking they know the way much better then others and always better then the manufacture, what i am asking is that if someone wants to move outside the recommended speed-range with more then 50-60kts please by all means do so but show me on paper where it would benefit me more.

Anyways thats all ;-)