PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH - 2
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH - 2
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2011, 15:22
ltua330

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frustrating

Hi

This is what really frustrates me about Bmth Airport and the people who are supposed to be running it.I found this article on Exeter Airport website about 2000 Austrian tourists coming to Devon and even visiting Dorset.

Airport News – Exeter International Airport

I have been in contact with Bmth Airport on numerous occasions talking about this exact thing,Bournemouth and the surrounding areas have got loads to offer and I have asked them why they do not talk to overseas Tour Operators and Tourist Boards here and try and get incoming tourism,I read recently that Germans visited the area the most and the reply I got from the Airport was "Our marketing department are talking to new and existing operators on a daily basis"What rubbish.Why do we have people running the airport who do not have a clue?everyone who posts here about Bmth Airport can not be wrong,our economy may be up the swanny so surely try a different approach,other Airports have and its working,its the Olympics next year and it would have been a perfect oppurtunity to attract people from abroad to come here take in the Olympics and enjoy the local area.

Martin