PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2011, 03:28
thermostat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Video Game

Thank you Basil for what I consider to be the best post so far on this topic. I too have flown the 320 and agree with all you say. I will forever state that they should never have entered the CB in the first place given the circumstances (heavy, high, turbulence). I still feel that the radar was not working. So far there has been no conformation that it was. Why else would trained pilots fly through the red area of a CB ? (see the satellite Wx photo). Something that most of you don't know is that Airbus issued a NOTAM reminding pilots not to depart with inop radar if there was reported CBs enroute. This was sent out some time after the 447 crash. Got me thinking !!
I blame the government watchdogs like the FAA, and others like them, for not paying attention to the type of training required on these new computer driven 'planes. There are a number of items we never covered during our training in the sim. With one day of so called "practice" and then a nerve racking check ride that that was full of surprises, I don't see how any pilot gets any benefit from these stupid sim sessions.
Hope we get more info from the two data recorders soon.
Glad to be retired from a crazy industry such as this.