PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2011, 20:56
bearfoil

golfyankeesierra

I more or less resent the ease with which pilots are doubted, and the fall back is "It did what it is programmed to do". Fine, perhaps because pilots can think and
innovate, there is some residual resentment that programming gets a look once in a while. For what it's worth, any discussion should have some (alot) of room to wander, we're stuck with fbw. Not that it is poor, it is fine, but it gets this knee jerk defense where professionals get the magnifying glass.

So be it. My baseline is that this crew were eminently qualified, and perhaps more so than the bus. If there is a fault, it may be (probably) that the orchestra hit some sour notes, whether flute or conductor, no matter. The deal is that not enough practice leads to "Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance". Will the Bus surprise? It is certain, for there is simply no way this crew flew to STALL without some mitigating events. I think this should continue, for it is only the pressure of the folks that will goad the sloth.