PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2011, 22:17
jcjeant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hi,

Tireless I read and reread the BEA note .........

From 2 h 10 min 50, the PNF tried several times to call the Captain back.
At 2 h 10 min 51 , the stall warning was triggered again. The thrust levers were positioned
in the TO/GA detent and the PF maintained nose-up inputs. The recorded angle of attack, of
around 6 degrees at the triggering of the stall warning, continued to increase. The trimmable
horizontal stabilizer (THS) passed from 3 to 13 degrees nose-up in about 1 minute and
remained in the latter position until the end of the flight.
Around fifteen seconds later, the speed displayed on the ISIS increased sharply towards 185 kt;
it was then consistent with the other recorded speed
. The PF continued to make nose-up
inputs. The airplane’s altitude reached its maximum of about 38,000 ft, its pitch attitude and
angle of attack being 16 degrees.
Note: The inconsistency between the speeds displayed on the left side and on the ISIS lasted a little less
than one minute.
15 seconds after 2H10Min51Sec the speed is coherent
So at 2H11Min06Sec the speed is coherent
It's also noted that the inconsistency between the speeds lasted a little less than ONE minute.
So for the sake of accuracy I will take the "less than ONE minute" as 59Sec.
So this indicate that the inconsistency between speeds appears (the earliest) at 2H10Min07Sec
So before 2H10Min07Sec the speeds are coherent
Or the BEA note that at 2H10Min05Sec the autopilot and auto-thrust disengage and the pilot tell he is in control..
From 2 h 10 min 05 , the autopilot then auto-thrust disengaged and the PF said "I have the
controls".
So .. the autopilot and auto-thrust disengage before the apparition of incoherent speeds
Where is the logic in the BEA chronology ?
Around fifteen seconds later
Why using the word around when they are accurate at the Sec for the other times in the note ...they have the accurate times or not ?
Can we take this BEA note as serious ?

Last edited by jcjeant; 9th Jun 2011 at 22:29.