PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2011, 03:35
iceman50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bubbers44

We know you despise Airbus and do not understand it, so please no more useless posts.

Captdaddy

Do not know what kind of simulator you were flying but when I taught unusual attitudes the instruments never went to big red crosses. Ever heard of controlled precession, because you can see it in the simulators I have "flown".

BASIL's CUT and PASTE

The post that was copied and pasted from the "one of the most experienced A330 pilots in the world". A lot of what he has said is absolute rubbish and you would not think it came from such an "experienced A330 pliot", e.g. you would not want to follow the FD's if you were in AF447 position as it would be giving erroneous information. Altitude is the least of your concerns at that point in time, ATTITUDE and POWER are the life savers. If you have stalled, you MUST unstall the wing and add power progressively to be able to counteract any pitch up due to the low slung engines. As for the thrust going to climb power it freezes at the setting just prior to disconnect, with the Thrust Lock function. The non-moving thrust levers are NOT an issue. If you disconnect the A/THR you match the blue 'donuts" then disconnect, in the AF case the thrust levers could have been left in the detent and moved to the correct power setting when required. Even if it went to climb thrust there would not be a huge increase in thrust and you certainly would not stall. As for never being trained in stalling, you never train to stall in the simulator, but most regulators require approach to the stall recovery training as part of the Type rating requirements. But there again what would I know only been flying the Airbus A330/A340 since 1996 and for those that wonder flew 757/767 for 6 years before that, so seen both manufactures!