PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 the big flaw of the UNRELIABLE SPEED/ADR CHECK procedure
Old 7th Jun 2011, 13:58
Microburst2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A320 the big flaw of the UNRELIABLE SPEED/ADR CHECK procedure

After studying the issue for years (not only the procedure but also the FCTM, other airbus publications, powerpoint presentations) and over two hours of LPC simulator dedicated to this issue, I have come to the conclusion that there is a big flaw on it:

How can we tell if the altitude information is affected or not???

The procedure will soon lead you to this. Inmediately if "safe conduct of the flight" is not affected or after the memory items if it is:

LEVEL OFF for trouble shooting

HOW ON EARTH CAN I DO THAT IF I DON'T RELY ON THE DAMNED ALTIMETEEEEEERS???

I don't have GPS in my fleet, right now. Nor I have that new gadget, the BUSS, which looks like a very good thing and apparently is fitted in the 380s.

Is there any method to determine if the static part of the air data is OK or not?

I mean: are there different modes of static air data failure? Or there is only one mode, where V/S remains zero no matter how fast you climb or descend and then is totally obvious that static data is un reliable?

By the way, I never have this problem in the sim because it cannot simulate problems in the static. only in the pitot.