PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 30th May 2011, 20:27
Cloud Bunny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ummm, I've got nothing to do with FlyDubai, but until recently was considering it as an option. I just thought I would correct a rather large mistake or misleading information regarding the housing allowance. The
housing allowance of 14000 DHMs which will only cover approx 10% to 20% of what you will be asked to pay for a decent single bedroom flat
as quoted by straightin is completely wrong. That figure is monthly and unless they have put it up (which I doubt) then for F/O's it is 12,000AED/Month. (It might be 14,000AED for skippers I have no clue). Anyway the point is that I have many friends in DXB who live in some quite frankly palatial one bedroom apartments for 8,000AED/Month, so the information that the housing allowance will only cover 10% of the cost is crap. It should cover all of it and if your sensible then you will have enough left over to cover the bills.

I have done plenty of research on this subject, I am very shortly moving to Dubai myself. Not with FZ but like I said I was considering it and so have a good grip on the figures involved in the F/O package.
Good luck all