PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 17th May 2011, 22:31
M.Mouse

Controversial, moi?

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
L337 is more right than wrong. I joined in early 1989 and was actually shocked at the unpleasantness and animosity from cabin crew towards pilots. L337 also mentions the change regarding food and pay, the detail is difficult for others to understand, but I still hear the (incorrect) comment that 'you aren't entitled to first class food because you sold that right' from cabin crew who weren't even out of nappies when the agreement changed!

How about the training school telling new entrants that on the flight deck the 'Water extinguisher is behind the w anker and the BCF behind the bastard'?

I long ago gave up worrying about it. I treat others as I find them but the occasions when a group of cabin crew will include the flight crew in dinner arrangements or a day trip are rare although much less so when flying with LGW crew or those recently joined.

BA is dysfunctional caused over many years by weak management (until WW), dinosaur unions led by militant and destructive idiots e.g. BASSA, empire builders e.g. former pilot hating board member and head of cabin services, a cabin crew training school with undue influence from bitter pilot hating trainers, etc., etc.

It is slowly changing and at the end of the day I enjoy the job, lifestyle and income and I am not bitter but a delirously happy and harmonious place to work it ain't!