PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alpha Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2011, 12:38
malirm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ Yannisfr

Hi, here is a PART of the update

I think it seems that the 18 month programme turned to be a 26 month Program...no doubt, as MPL still has challenges on how to IMPLEMENT the written stuff & make them happen in reality satisfying the Airline & the Civil Aviation Authority as well...the delays apply to Batch 1 & 2, but don't think batch 3, 4, 5 & 6 so far.

There are 9 cadets in the First Batch, 14 in the Second (Core Flying now) & another 30 to 35 cadets in Ground school, some of them are graduating soon.

In order to put an end to the Core Flying Bottle Neck, the academy is doing the flying in Sharjah (with 2 C172s) & in Clark Aviation, Philippines (with 3 C172s), hopefully by Mid-Jun, 6 cadets will be ready for MCC, while the other 8 will finish before the end of June their core flying, thus opening the way for the another 16 or so cadets for core flying. There is some news that a Third Core Flying training location will be provided, but with Pipers (glass cockpit ones).

The Sponsor airline (Air Arabia), is ready to receive us at anytime, they've prepared TREs & TRIs & Line training Captains, we'll need approx. 4 months to finish the line training & become fully released FOs & as you know, Arabia is receiving 2 planes this year & they are already loosing pilots for Etihad & Emirates + other Big Airlines.

I belief that it can take up to a Year to absorb all 50 + cadets, don't forget, there are 40 A320s to be delivered by 2013 (2.5 more years !) I also belief that the current amount of cadets are not enough !

The 7 cadets from Clark Aviation got released to line as (FOs) beginning of this week...(that's 7 slots for us )

As for the first Batch, we are now ready for the A320 Training, expecting to leave for Jordan next week & come back for 12 TOs & LNDGs by end of Jul, you will be updated more in the coming few days...I will find the time