PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alan Mann Helicopters (Nostalgia thread)
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2011, 18:31
vfr440

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G-NEL / RODs delivery

And me, S. On the morning of the (hi-vis) hand-over to Noel, fuelling completed, the water drain was done (of course), And the elecric drain-valve stuck, dribbling fuel endlessly on to the hardstanding. All normal efforts of trying to stop it doing so were to no avail. So it was me who 'volunteered' to change the valve, in situ, since insufficient time to defuel. Which I achieved OK, but at the time of the ceremonial title claim (Press, photos and all that stuff) I was in the shower dowsing myself with lots of hot water to get rid of the couple of gallons of Jet A-1 which engulfed me when I removed the duff valve and fitted the replacement.

Only done this once before in Canada - frankly I don't care if I never do another one. Jet A-1 around the nether regions creates a burning sensation you never forget.

Subsequently Noel found out about this 'hiccup' and at Christmas a Harrods van turned up at our house with a hamper - which was as welcome as it was unexpected, and very much appreciated. Good chap and very nice gesture

More memories!!! - VFR