PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If you have a choice at your airline - Airbus or Boeing?
Old 15th May 2011, 15:38
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nitpicker330 : But (as I said earlier) what if the backdriven sticks/yokes are inadvertently cross-wired, or wired in reverse? Then you have a force-feedback system working against you, and it would be very hard to work against it. As far as I know there's no way to easily disable the force-feedback system on the 777.

There are benefits to both philosophies, so playing one off against the other is a pointless exercise. If I get on an airliner as SLF, I want to know that the pilots are doing their job and not fantasising about how much like an old-school stick-and-rudder jockey they want to feel like today. If you want to do that, go hire a Stearman for a day!

DJ 77, Slasher - grow up. If you can say things as off-the-cuff and daft as that, then I might as well voice my opinion that a pilot who needs a large moving yoke between his legs to feel good about his job is obviously compensating for something...