PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions V
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2011, 23:15
just an observer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't believe that BA is continuing to negotiate in good faith with Unite when BASSA has already telegraphed its bad faith intention to scupper. Particularly after what happened between WW & TW last time when Unite reneged after BA had actually made good faith partial staff travel return and other concessions
As no one actually knows what the branch meetings will bring forth (whatever we may suspect), BA can't really do anything other than continue to negotiate in good faith.

If BASSA/CC89 agree the proposals, nothing lost, if they don't, BA may well have handed the two branches enough rope to hang themselves.

Unite didn't renege last time, it just couldn't control it's branches.

WW and TW had also agreed a deal pre the first strike, which I suspect will still prove to be better than anything on the table this time, BASSA and McLusky scuppered that by announcing strike dates unnecessarily. I wonder how many CC will appreciate that irony? Those who resigned and/or went into work during the strike and/or voted no to further strikes presumably do. To my mind BASSA/CC89 members were completely sold down the river last March, it amazes me how many can't see it.

McLusky is now in TW's place, which is fascinating from an onlookers point of view.