PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions V
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2011, 22:09
Entaxei

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BOLT guns do save on vet's fees .......

Apart from the above, don't forget one thing - the BASSA rule book was modified at some stage, possibly 2007, which made the equivalant change as follows ;

In the event of a dispute the following shall come into force -
No branch meetings will be held nor decisions be made;
No elections for any branch position will be held;
These changes shall hold good until such dispute is concluded and agreed by the Branch GS.

This means that DH is in charge until he alone says 'Agreed'.
Also, what do the branch officials now consist of - any reps who have been dismissed or removed for any reason, cannot be replaced, as they cannot be elected. So any influence from reps, if it still exists, can only be very minimal, if at all.

I would expect the result to be DH saying NO - for any 5 reasons.
CC89 saying NO - for any 10 reasons.
Len Mckluck left spluttering and trying to explain why he agrees with them and why two branches can over rule the main Union. (Democracy?).

DH has got a throttle hold on BASSA and I can't see any way that it can be removed, other than by complete closure of the branch and a new entity created to replace it.

I hope that I'm wrong, for the sake of all the BA CC, who jobs are being placed in danger through the spite of one individual. Although they do of course, have the solution in their own hands, by leaving BASSA.

Last edited by Entaxei; 10th May 2011 at 22:16. Reason: Democracy