PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2011, 09:56
BlackPrince77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Before you guys make the decision on the next 15 working years in your life, i'd just remind you that only the best make it to fast jets. Only 150-200 roughly make it to FSP per year. 50-60 will graduate from 2FTS and out of those about 10 will make it to fast jet conversion, then only half of them will pass and be selected to fly a Hornet. If your not one of them, then you better enjoy flying a cargo plane because there's not much other choice in the RAAF.

My flight instructor at my current flying school actually quit the defence force recently, he passed everything and was half way through his 2FTS when he decided to leave. He didn't want to spend the next decade flying twice a week only. Also he said the air force is full at the moment, flying commercial would be a better option. Also you better get used to preparing 10 hours for every 1 hour flight in the Hornet, providing you get there. If you don't, you better be okay with seeing Hornets all during your ROSO and wanting to fly them knowing you can't. I'm not trying to discourage you, i'm just trying to open your eyes so you have a better understanding of what your getting into.

Anyway I hope your applications go well! I also wish you many triumphs with your flying careers!