PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 28th Apr 2011, 21:29
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was merely observing, from a small statistic champion that i have available (saw the list of day 2 of a particular week in the training center, all brits, and the forum is full of UK pilots talking about how they passed.) how this recruiting campaign has been very successfull for UK ex Easy and ex Ryan rather than other groups (are there other groups?? ahah). Performance in the assessments being equal, i am sure the mentality, professional tradition and the language of a UK pilot, plus his being potentially long term committed to BA more than a non UK pilot, made it the right candidate to pass everything even without an excellent performance in SIM (the only assessable performance from the exterior observer, the sim partner).
What a load of rubbish. Sorry to be so blunt but you are basing your 'opinion' on a snapshot and lamenting that the whole recruitment is biased towards the British. Has the possibility escaped you that a majority of UK based pilots applied as the onlt two bases available are LHR and LGW? I have seen the whole training board in the office at the rivers (turn right through the front doors and right again, first dorr on the right, don't forget to knock) and I can categorically tell you that there are a large percentage of applicant pilots who are not 'British'.

The advertising campaign was generic, the selection campaign based upon answers to standard questions and the sim performance is based upon CRM and adaptability rather than flying skill. (hence why it is in the 744 sim).

Ironically BA is stuffed full of non UK pilots, from France, Denmark, Holland, German, America, Canada, Japan etc. etc. etc.

If you pass the stage 1 and are successful at stage 2 then you get the job, irrespective of your origins.

This 'UK' only rubbish is about at sensible as demanding to see Barak Obamas birth certificate! Waste of time.

Congratulations to all those who passed, whatever you origins!

Last edited by Wirbelsturm; 28th Apr 2011 at 21:30. Reason: Typo