PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2011, 15:42
bearfoil

henra

Without VS/Rudder, both JAL 747 and Sioux City DC10 'landed' flat. Pilots were active and had some control, but we haven't determined that P1P2 on the deck of 447 didn't have same. So loss of directional control structure does not mean nose first dive necessarily?? 587 had lost all controls due to loss of both engine structures. 587 also had presumably alive alert pilots after VS/R loss. rgds.

Chris Scott

I still await mm43's response. He mentioned the winds at surface LKP as 000@25-30, does not this conflict with a Northerly drift of the VS. Of course that doesn't take into account the actual crash site.

Razoray

I am always hopeful of strong and important changes to the industry to emanate from the finality of such a heartbreaking tragedy. These changes are entirely dependent on BEA and their report, for they have the tools and the evidence to make this fateful flight an eternal memory of people who perished for good of others. My hope is that a new level of disclosure and openness will evolve in the results of this. Flying is uncommonly safe, and we are all human, so things go wrong sometimes. It must be made safer.

Last edited by bearfoil; 21st Apr 2011 at 16:09.