PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions V
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2011, 22:40
Entaxei

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Litebulbs

Re SWP and political influence, this only appears to be from the time of the meeting at ACAS when SWP appeared at the meeting, possibly in response to DH texting.

But after that, when there was the bun fight of electing the replacement for Woodly, suddenly there appeared to be a candidate for the CC89 group election called Jerry ?, who was supposedly staunch SWP. Given that CC89 were a quiet branch, suddenly they were listing reasons for the dispute and possible IA, having branch and reps meetings, publically agreeing with DH on reasons for dispute etc. and also sometimes declaring their own list of demands - in other words, stirring the situation, since then they have popped now and again on the CC thread, but have been quiet of late. But are in theory at least, a potential rogue element waiting to strike (in the nicest possible way).

I have just edited my previous post, after checking, LenMc at beginning of March stated that 18 reps had been sacked and 70 suspended, so there can't be many left, as again DH stated some time back that new reps could not be appointed outside a Branch meeting, and one could not be held while a dispute was on. He then asked for unpaid volunteers!, who I presume would not be able to vote in anything anyway, even if anyone applied.

mrpony

Sorry - The hour is, I fear, getting too late and I no longer know what I'm looking for, I'll try again when daylight appears.