PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Contact one", any one else say that?
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2011, 19:20
Crash one

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crash One/Flybymike - do you hold any form of ground station licence? The way you write makes me think not, for all the huffing and puffing.
Final three greens
For what it's worth &, to make your day no doubt. I have a FRTOL, no A/G licence, & to top it all off I have never read or seen a copy of CAP 413.
I was taught by an ATCO of some repute, & examined by him. (He is an examiner). I was taught not to be afraid of the bloody radio, Iwas taught to use it sensibly, I use my common sense & enough of recognised terminology to do the job safely, concisely & well enough to satisfy him, who I talk to frequently on radio & any other ATCO that I need to contact. I was also used to military terminology which is why I occasionally use "over".
I have very little time for pontificating pendantics who do nothing but quote chapter & verse to the letter of the law. I have little time for authority especially when it is "preaching to the converted" on utterly irrelevant details concerning any subject. And I am too old to change my views. Crash one was the call sign of the big red Thornycroft 6x6 that I used to drive.
My Spaniel dog requires to be let out.

Last edited by Crash one; 15th Apr 2011 at 20:41.