PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions V
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2011, 19:02
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Pcat,
No one is being naive. Obviously WW and KW have the same aim and that is to implement cost savings and curb Bassa and of course KW is accountable to WW, but he is no more a puppet to WW than WW was a puppet to Broughton.

The point being made, was that the way he is going about dealing with Bassa is totally different to the way WW went about it, and in my own obviously naive, in your eyes, opinion, he is doing a much better job.

If you honestly believe that someone would take on the job of being CEO of BA and not be making his own mind up, how to deal with a union problem, it is you that is naive. KW has been tasked with the job of running BA and that is what he is doing and he is answerable to WW but WW is not running BA anymore in the way he used to.

KW has brought in lots of new people and a totally new customer focused ethos has been brought in, similar to when Marshal was CEO. It is a total breath of fresh air. I do think WW did a good job as CEO and he was extremely talented at curbing costs but as a CEO he has never been very popular and I feel he lacked the customer and product focus, that also needs to be part of a CEOs vision, in an industry like ours.

Anyway enough from this naive crew member.