PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 14th Apr 2011, 20:16
BoeingDreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sellect:

The way CAE responded and suddenly stopped responding, it was very clear, when they found out my real age, my CV went into the bin, no other reason.

I know several pilots passed 35, never had a chance of an interview - what does that tell you?

However there are ways to find out these things, and in the process of this now trough other channels, as if this is the case, it would be breach of European law. There is actually a method to get to the bottom of this, which I will not divulge on these forums.

You keep your own naive opinion for yourself, and believe the world is all red and white, and everything is so nice and beautiful. Fact it is not, I know several guys who been to to assessment, I have seen their CV, and know their backgrounds. Some have fails on ATPL's or failed skills tests, still they got an interview, some even got employment!

The message CAE told me by email, my CV had been reviewed, and was just waiting for approval by Ryanair, guess what?

No approval!

Here is my conundrum, what purpose would it serve Ryanair to discriminate on age? As firstly most of they pilots are gone after few years anyway, secondly the pilots themselves have to pay for all their own training!

The truth is out there!