PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Central Serous Retinopathy
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2011, 16:19
BlueChan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've just been diagnosed with CSR also at Moorfields Eye Hospital.

I work in IT and I also scuba dive. I think I fit in the "Type A" personality group. I'm a 28 year old male of Asian heritage. Although I've lived most of my life in Australia.

It's odd because I wasn't all that stressed when I first noticed symptoms or even the week leading up to it. I've certainly been alot more stressed previously without any health issues.

And yes I did stress a bit when the doctor said that I should avoid diving while I had this condition. I had a bit of a discussion with her and questioned why I should avoid diving. She said that there was no research and it was just a precaution. She must have sensed my distress and said she would consult with a colleague. She came back to say that if scuba diving was causing stress then I should avoid it. If not it should be fine.

Ironically I use scuba diving to relieve stress.

Let's just hope it's not the cause of the condition.

I have read other articles which indicate that pilots seem to have higher incidence of CSR.

I wonder if pressure changes is a factor as I do dive on a regular basis. Although the pressure change I receive is an increase in pressure where as you guys get a decrease.