PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions V
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2011, 10:19
Ancient Observer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Sonorguy - Er, OK. We just had a moment of Jet Blast, so I joined in.

Looking forward, how on Earth are future relationships in the BA CC world to be re-set, and then properly maintained? It will take more than one psychologist. Over 5,000 normally reasonably intelligent folk are still voting for Industrial Action.

There is plenty of evidence that high performing Companies perform better than mediocre Companies by having a better "Climate". Climate is the Quantification of culture. Google Glowinkowski for more info, and/or read his book. (Amazon have it).

The "Climate" in BA CC needs to be measured, and those bits that are poor need to be changed - radically. This sort of change takes time - at least 2 years and up to 5 years.
Meanwhile, we pax have to put up with cheaper products as dictated by BA served to us by some staff who are clearly great and switched on to service, and others who are, er, not quite so well motivated.
Further, unless BA are going to fire the bad performers - and dodgy reps, and I see little evidence that they are going to, relationships will need to be re-built with (hopefully) a re-launched bassa (or maybe PC3) and a new group of sensible representatives.

Quite a job to be done.

As I've said before, I would start by energising the managers of CC - and if necessary increasing their numbers whilst getting rid of/"creatively externally re-deploying" those CC managers who want a desk job, and who can't/won't make the effort to get out there pro-actively to meet the crew on a regular basis.
I'd also remove from line roles those CSDs who see them selves as strike leaders rather than as first line leaders in a potentially great Company.

However, I would like to see more signs that this is happening!!