PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fakers, fakers everywhere!
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2011, 23:49
potteroomore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fakers, fakers everywhere!

The recent revelations of fakers in India, Turkey and the Far East has led to bar room allegations, misinformation, lies and downright disinformation.

A few acquaintances had asked me about their suspicions of certain individuals who I had the misfortune of association by nationality and being colleagues with. I cannot lie outright and I do not wish to damage the livelihood of such individuals. All I can say is that the dispute of 1989 down under did indeed lead to certain persons venturing to some obscure corners of the world and obtaining command positions by dubious means. Of course they were hardpressed by the pressing demands of bread and butter issues; but there was no excuse to use dubious methods to obtain command postions. The aviation world then did have ample opportunities for them to move up the food chain HONORABLY but some chose the dirty way out. These individuals know who they are and eventually some chickens will come home to roost.

The lessons for young wannabes now is that there are ample, ample opportunities to do thing the bona fide way and do so proudly, honorably with a sense of achievement which no one can take away from you. The fakers will forever have a cloud over their head and conscience.