PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2011, 04:06
CONF iture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by takata
On the other hand, the fact that such incident happened only twice in the very same aircraft, as well as during the same flight, and that hundreds of other A330 flew safely many millions hours without ever experiencing it would give all the statistical depth necessary to conclude that this incident was obviously related to this particular aircraft and/or flight.
Actually according to the ATSB another QF A330 has developed a similar pattern of fault messages. the crew completed the relevant procedures (introduced since the QF72 event) Did it allow to prevent a possible upset ? We don't know. Interesting to note that this special procedure, still in force to this day, does not guaranty to eliminate the risk but just to minimize the exposure time during which an eventual upset could develop.
Does it make the 330 an unsafe aircraft ? Absolutely not I do agree.

Then, specific Air France procedure for A330 would ask for a speed reduced to M 0.80 and A/THR disconnected if an expected turbulence zone would be crossed. I don't think that they are different from Airbus ones in that respect.
As stated in QRH 5.01, unless thrust changes become excessive, it is not an Airbus procedure to disconnect A/THR when going through turbulence.
It would be interesting if airfrance has decided not to follow Airbus on this one ... Would you have a reference ?

There is plenty of books published about the sociology of the rumor spreadings. Maybe you should try to read one and avoid to make a fool of yourself.
I'm OK with it.
Investigate building 7