PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2011, 01:17
CASAweary

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update on Malfeasance Central

The malfeasance continues. The latest offerings on behalf of CASA senior management as follows -

1/ The screaming skull and friends are desperately trying to pinpoint the source or identity of those tipping the dirt on the poorly run malevolent outfit. It is more like an avalanche really and is gathering momentum by the day. Unless the executives are brought to account the campaign will continue relentlessly. Rather than fix the problem CASA again choose to commence a witch hunt and intimidate staff, suspects and anybody else they choose. No laws or morals adhered to with this mob.

2/ Mr Alleck pulled the pin on several projects of late. First was CASA's setting up a training organisation similar to that which the Singaporean CAA run. Over $500 000 has thus far been spent only to be canned after the FAA and ICAO walked away happy after recent activities. Another $500 000 has been put on ice, but the project not ‘officially’ canceled, the reason being that on the books the project appears to be ongoing and as a result no uncomfortable questions are raised at the senate estimates asking where the remainder of the money is and why has a further $500 000 been flushed away. Sneaky indeed, and this has gone on for years but the time has come to open the can of worms on CASA antics and the way CASA fools the senate and ministers. No risk assessment was conducted at any stage as to the impact of any restructure, which is no surprise due to the way the whole saga has been exercised. Furthermore staff have again been screwed and industry denied a positive change. It is becoming more evident that the ASOP working group who achieved nothing in 3 years and wasted over $5 million not completing34 projects and subsequent projects oover-sighted by Mr Alleck, Mr Boyd, Mr Harbor and others is shaping up to be CASA's greatest waste of taxpayer money yet. Great work isn't it? Senators, please check the ‘real books’ and accounting practise’s over the past 10 years for a start, you may be shocked at what you find if you forensically analyze the books.

3/ Just coming to light is CASA's foreign agency branch debacle. This department ran seperate to normal operations and has provided assistance to the EU and Indonesia and contributed to several carriers regaining international status. However, Terry F, Skull and Gary H personally tore the department apart after several years operating. As a result $200 000 went down the gurgler while Alleck toyed with a restructure and staff apparently did nothing. Even worse, Alleck employed a former journalist from infrastructure to run the agency, and run it into the ground. This former journalist also destroyed PASO, and the total mess is sloppy and ongoing I have been instructed, and I have been provided with documentation. Again, no risk assessment conducted, just a bureaucrat and his personal ego and self centered pride. Very dangerous territory. This man also fancies himself as an international guru of relations yet he has caused untold damage. Even ICAO were desperate to kick him off the international counsel when he was a member. How can a thesis writer who wouldn’t know a coil from systems analysis know how to manage an aviation department?

4/ International operations. Interesting how Senator Heffernan asked Joyce about CASA and ATSB's funding and whether more funds are needed? Mr Alleck has had oversight also of that departments demise as it operates short staffed, without proper leadership and within an environment that has seen a rapid growth in low cost international operations. Many many FOI's are desperately concerned that a foreign operator with Aussies on-board is going to spear into the ground. This is what happens when CASA politicians are in charge and when they have no aviation and safety background. The hierarchy is out of control, making perilous moves when not sipping Chateau Le Blanc and eating truffles at ICAO gigs. The fish is rotting at the head Senators. Staff numbers are being cut and oversight contracted out to mates rates consultants who are not interested in safety but rather where they will but their next property investment courtesy of the taxpayer.

5/ FOI's are enduring cuts to line training, currency and type certification. This has been pushed by budget cuts enforced by senior management. Again, no risk assessment or analysis has been undertaken. Money comes first and safety last. And you think Jetstar has issues? Minimal training in any field is being provided which in turn is creating an inspectorate of underperforming staff. AWI's are not receiving latest technological training for systems.

6/ Harassment and intimidation continues from senior managers down to field office managers. A recent survey has lambasted the executives, field office managers and as usual the HR bullies. How much is enough. Numerous unions are in agreeance with the inspectorate regarding the viscous and intimidating manner in which the executives are treating staff and industry members. The Brisbane field office manager has been bullying staff verbally and intimidating staff. The Sydney and Melbourne field office managers have done the same but also added to sexual harassment to their list of misdemeanors. It is thoroughly out of control.

7/ FRMS. Fatigue is plaguing staff numbers with inspectors overloaded and burning out. Interesting is that another issue has been CASA's slapped together poor industry forums relating to FRMS which has met great disdain from industry due to the unprofessional sloppy manner it has been thrown out there. This is under the explicit direction of Terry F and P Boyd. Both these men have been instrumental in several large scale botched projects and have well and truly passed their use by date. You cannot have a former and questionable pilot and a corporate incompetent running projects any longer. Its time to go.

8/ Board members. Another drain on resources. Since the introduction of the board, demise of Byron and introduction of the Skull CASA has sunk to even lower levels of incompetence. More money is wasted and more problems exist. A board that makes glossy brochures containing a multitude of wank words does not justify its existence. Time to cut it loose.

I have been contacted with emails of support for the crusade I am championing, to those I say thank you. I also appreciate the level of encouragement and words of wisdom and warning. I fear no legal reprise, CASA already stole my livelihood. As for embarrassing the Minster, I have not done this, the Minister has done that to himself by not doing his job correctly and managing his portfolio effectively and accurately. For those of you who feel I and others merely have an axe to grind over prior minor injustices, you are far from correct. Truths will continue to be aired until the day that this whole debacle and farcical organisation is held to account. Remember one thing friends, as long as this industry's dangerous condition continues to exist, it is mine and your families who are in danger.