PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alan Mann Helicopters (Nostalgia thread)
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2011, 08:07
milan55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
High Road to China

Hi,
Great pilot Mr. David Perrin who fly in Rothmans Aerobatic group.I had a opportunity to meet him and Mr. Antony Biancchi, "Tony" as well as some mechanics from Personal Plane services during shooting of film :"High Road to China" on location in that time Yugoslavia mostly on airfild Grobnik near Rijeka.I work with them for a half year as a contact person between film flying crew and airclub "Krila Kvarnera" where I was doing my ICAO 2 years apprenticeship for aircraft mechanic licence.
One Sunday as I remember helicopter G-FILM took off with three persons on board for a short flight, to bring the second pilot for ferry flight of a third Stamp biplane, from 20 min flight time distanced Boljunsko Polje to Grobnik airfield.On a flight there happened a tragical and fatal accident where all thee persons died.Couse of accident was low level flight and helikopter cought a tipical cable used for a local residents to pull, transport goods on a hilly terrain:
Crew of a helicopter was:
1982 David Perrin (Stunt-Pilot), Jaron Anderson (Mechaniker), Nigel Thornton (Hubschrauberpilot):. Film "High Road to China"

This helicopter (registered G-FILM) was used for training and film work until it crashed in Yugoslavia in 1982 killing the pilot! ...
Some links to my photografs taken in that time:

Film High Road to China pictures from college photos on webshots