PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 3rd Apr 2011, 07:27
hula

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We want a fair deal and protection against Mixed Fleet.
The previous and current offers have offered this MissM. The current offer gives a PERMANENT top up if you fail to reach the average variable pay for your grade ( unless this re NEGOTIATED with the Union).

There are no changes to our Ts and Cs either. You won't be put on Mixed Fleet if you sign and you won't relinquish your Redeployment rights either!!

I'm afraid that this is as fair as its going to get.

Had BASSA not steam rollered into IA regarding impostion, and actually focused its efforts on Mixed Fleet, we ALL could be in a far healthier position now.

BA have trained thousands of VCC's and their only purpose is to destroy our strike
This was an innovative idea to counteract any strike action (and any future disruption..weather, ash etc). I actually don't agree with it as a strike busting initiative, however using VCC during times of disruption to help our customers ( a consequence of overly restrictive agreements!!) can only be a positive. No? The initiative should have been implemented years ago then it wouldn't be such a bitter pill to swallow.

BA have also completely ignored a long-standing agreement with regards to part-time contract. Crew have been offered part-time over others who are on the part-time list
I don't think that this is particularly fair either however try looking at it the other way round MissM. If you had supported the company, signed the deal (which aimed to offer all those on the part time list it by March 2011) wouldn't it be disrespectful for BA NOT to offer these individuals part-time. BA are actually honouring the agreement within the deal they offered!

Part-time can't be offered to those still in dispute with company. But I'm sure as soon as this debacle is over part-time will be offered...thick and fast.