PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2011, 22:15
mercurydancer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MME - awful airport

There has been a thread on the Northern Echo about the standards at MME and I wish to add my comments and bring your attention to this awful airport.I would wish Peel airports would look to the comments posted on Northern Echo and take heed.

It would be a mild word to use when I say that the security/ border control staff can be "overzealous" with arrivees. The degree of questioning oversteps the mark for any other airport I know, including Heathrow. They may be bored but the aggression they show and the extent of questioning really needs to be investigated. I thought that it was a one-off and it was part of travelling but the number of arrivees being interviewed for more than an hour and with a degree of aggression is unacceptable by any standards I have seen in any airport.

Also, the security in the arrivals area is appalling. I picked someone up from the arrivals area and had to wait for some considerable time. In the arrivals area there was an aggressive drunk who was in no way controlled. He persisted in his behaviour because there was no visible presence of security or police staff. When I pointed out to the floor walker that I found the person's behaviour unacceptable and that I anticipated a conflict when I collected the arrivee from the airport, no staff reacted. In this case, I had to use considerable aggression of my own to get to get out of the terminal building.

Failure to control such behaviour and unprofessional passport control staff takes this pathetic airport into the standards of the worst airports in the world.