PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 22nd Mar 2011, 13:28
JUAN TRIPP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Litebulbs

For me a new union. Reason being that just the name 'Bassa' is now I feel forever tainted with this dispute. We need a new start with new people and new ideas. Not saying it will work but hey who knows if you don't try.

Vctenderness

Just to add a bit to the crazy world of BASSA negotiating skills.

When BA proposed the hourly rate for crew a committee was set up to look in to it.

The BASSA team was led by a rep who had never accepted the Diners card and funded his own down-route expenses using his own debit card. He believed cabin crew should roll back the clock to the days of picking up cash allowances at hotel reception desks.

Needless to say his response to any change to allowances was a little on the negative side.

BASSA then adopted the usual stance of NO - NO WAY - NEVER EVER!!!!

The fact that it would have been the same sum of money just divided equally and that the tax would be reduced made no difference to the BASSA attitude to change.
If I remember correctly, we nearly had a potential strike when the Diners card was brought in around 1994, as Bassa believed that BA would cut our allowances when they saw we weren't spending all our money downroute.

Message to Bassa - BA knew we saved most of our allowances and still do!!