PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 19th Mar 2011, 22:08
MissM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Litebulbs

1. The immediate restoration of staff travel concessions, in full, to the crew from whom they were taken.

I still think that the removal of staff travel has been used as a punishment for taking a lawful industrial action. We can always discuss the issue that everyone was made informed that it would be removed for anyone who went. There are many commuters who rely on it to get to and from work and some of them have suffered a lot. Should it be restored in full? Personally I'm not bothered with staff travel as I almost never use it but I can understand that many want it to be restored without any sanctions.

2. Binding arbitration, through ACAS, of all cabin crew disciplinary cases related to the original dispute.

Everyone who has been suspended and/ or dismissed should be able to have their case reviewed by a third party. Having said that, I don't think there should be any guarantees about the outcome.

3. The restoration of all earnings docked from crew who were genuinely off sick during strike dates.

If crew, who were genuinely off sick during strike dates, are able to provide valid documentation should be paid back whatever BA has docked from them. The only problem is that company policy doesn't require any documentation for the first 7 days of sickness. In such case I can understand if BA refuse to restore any docked earnings.

4. Full and proper discussion of the trade union facilities agreement at the company with the immediate removal of all threats and sanctions made by the company in relation to this.

The facilities agreement needs to be put back in place.

5. The immediate cessation of actions taken against elected representatives of cabin crew, including; victimization; intimidation and exclusion.

Anyone, whether a regular member of BASSA or Amicus or a representative of either branch, who has been either suspended or dismissed should be allowed to have their case reviewed by a third party.

6. The introduction of mixed fleet on different terms and conditions without agreement with the union.

I'm not expecting BA to close down the fleet but we need to have some sort of control of it because otherwise we are going to lose everything.

7. The discrimination applied to union members in the allocation of part time contracts and transfers in breach of the Ops and Choice framework.

The Ops and Choice framework should be honoured as in the past. Many crew have waited years for part-time and just because you have signed an individual offer with them doesn't mean that you should be able to jump the queue. It affects thousands of cabin crew.

8. The company's continued and specific disregard for necessary union agreement in advance of any application of the disruption agreement.

BA and BASSA should be able to discuss the use of the DA and when it should be activated. I agree that BA shouldn't have to ask for permission just as well that BASSA shouldn't deny it to be activated because they are in a dispute with the company.

9. The continued use of volunteer and/or temporary crew from outside the recognised NSP on both the Eurofleet and Worldwide fleets and their employment on terms and arrangements outside of existing agreements between BA and the union.

Volunteer crew have done nothing but to prolong our dispute. BA must be one of very few airlines in the world to have trained staff to act as cabin crew. Not only to use during disputes but also during other disruptions.

If they want to work, fine, but as long as regular cabin crew are not sat at home on endless blocks of standby or 24H.

10. The company's offer of a separate pay settlement and variations to terms and conditions for those willing to accept non-negotiated changes to their contracts

Not that many have signed the individual offer.