PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 19th Mar 2011, 21:11
Desert Strip Basher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And if choosing your integrated provider as Bealzebub says is your only "fast track" route in, then choose wisely. The connections are now so tight do you think that someone trained at Oxford has much chance at a CTC affiliated airline and vica versa? So it could be that you pay over inflated prices to actually limit your options!

My replies yesterday weren't intended to be a personal onslaught. The point is this, talent isn't king, cash is. Selection is predominantly with regard to depth of pocket. The example I was trying to illustrate wasn't that modular is better than integrated or vica versa, it was to show that costs to support over inflated integrated prices are being pushed up from the bottom by ill advised wannabees and pinched from the top by accountants such that the stakes for anyone with common sense are now simply too high. At a cost of £20k it's probably worth chancing your arm to see if you are good enough (assuming selection was aptitude based rather than cash based). This can only be achieved at present via the modular route - though as Bealzebub says, this may be futile. So the other option - integrated (plus a potential TR) at £80-110k+ to have maybe a chance of getting in for a year or two........you'd have to be mad. So as much as Bealzebub's post is trying to help - in my view there really isn't an answer unless you have more money than sense and unfortunately it seems quite a few have. I dare say many of those most suited to the profession are now discouraged from airline flying for this very reason. Others, like our good integrated friend above, find themselves high and dry. Such a shame.

Last edited by Desert Strip Basher; 19th Mar 2011 at 21:31.