PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Baltic
Thread: Air Baltic
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2011, 17:27
diarmuid8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was there last Monday, 14th.
I passed and got called for the next stage from the HR lady today.
Just a summary of what I can remember for people who are attending in the future:

There were 6 of us for assessment on Monday. All for Q400 FO.
The first thing to do is fill out the psychological questions, answer true or false to each question, if I recall there were 370q.
In the mean time we were taken in pairs for the tech interview. He was a friendly guy, a Capt on the 737. I was asked about; drift down procedure, LVP take off minima, CAT II minima, comms failure. My colleague was asked some altimetry questions, QFE to QNH, on an approach to an airfield where the temp is -30c by what factor do you increase the DH on approach etc. There may have been a few more questions but I can't remember sorry.
Then, back upstairs to complete the psych. stuff.

The sim: We were in Copenhagen. My colleague flew first he had, a normal T/O straight ahead to FL070, no SID. Once leveled off a turn DCT to a VOR and establish on an outbound radial. After that vectors to an ILS, go-around, No.2 engine failure. It was something like that I can't remember exactly to be honest.
Then it was my turn, I didn't get a take off, just took over controls at 3000ft, one steep turn at 30degrees and one at 45degrees, ILS apch, go around, no. 1 engine failure, vectors to another ILS, became visual well above mins but I f***ed up, became unstable and so did a go around, then positioned on another ILS, still single engine and landed off this one. Finished! I'd say we flew for about 25mins each. Neither of us were rated on the 73 nor had any jet experience, maybe tougher if you have either.

Then the ATPL Q's. I honestly can't remember the exact questions, I mean I remember both papers (25Q each) covered lots of subjects with no particular one standing out, it was really general. I put a good bit of work into Ops. in my preparation as I read somewhere there were Ops questions asked but there weren't any in both my two papers
I guess they use different papers maybe. I used aviationtire.com and it was helpful.
All in all, good atmosphere, friendly people and a really good training centre building/set up.
Rumors of Dash 8 ratings starting in April and another in mid May in either Stockholm or Toronto.
Good luck to anyone else who is going.