PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 14th Mar 2011, 04:37
BusDriverLHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA will tell you what aircraft (and hence base) you're on when they call you to offer you a contract/start date. You get paid your basic from the day you join (although not in advance, at the end of the month as per normal). There are some allowances to be claimed (can't remember what) but they definitely won't be anything like your normal monthly variable pay. Basic monthly gross pay on shorthaul & longhaul PP1 is approx £4100.

Pre-2006 the head of pilot recruitment said they needed to 'get 5 years out of a pilot' to make it worth their while, so even back then a mid 40s applicant would have been fine. There are a great number of silver haired 2 stripers milling around, which I think proves they won't discriminate based on age. Good luck!

It'll be interesting to see if they get enough TR'd 747 applicants to meet the demand. 20-30 required, 1/10 pass rate for selection - my calculator tells me they'll need 200-300 applicants. Where will they come from?

Last edited by BusDriverLHR; 14th Mar 2011 at 06:25.