PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 12th Mar 2011, 17:04
Juan Tugoh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The new limits may be within or the same as CC industrial agreements but at the moment scheme (CAP371 effectively) prevents you mostly from being worked to your industrial limits. It is a given that with EASA coming in BA's scheme will be changed to reflect the new EASA limits - they are after all effectively what will be the law. So the problem is that you will be being worked to the most limiting of the two rule sets, this has been scheme in many cases but will become industrial.

Another one for you is the use of discretion - the company will be able to, in certain circumstances plan it. That is fine again as often CC industrial limits are less limiting. Not so for the FD crew. They may well stop working to scheme - which they mostly do when things start to go awry - and start to become a little more rigid in their application of BLRs, which is their industrial limit. So something happens and the day is extended and the FD crew walk off the aircraft, in the meantime the CC end up working to their industrial limit which I believe is 16 hours off schedule (Please correct me if I have that wrong)

Either way I do not think that BA CC will continue on as if nothing has changed. There is a innocence in that line of argument I find it hard to understand.